VVES Reading Week
VVES staff dressed up last year and this year are catching a similar beach theme for their “Catch the Reading Wave Week. (Photo: Virgin Valley Elementary School FB)
Virgin Valley Elementary will be participating in the annual Nevada Reading Week. The theme for 2022 is “Catch the Reading Wave”.Each night students are invited to complete the Nightly Reading Challenge. Each morning at Flag Ceremony students will deliver their Challenge Tickets for a chance to win prizes.
Tuesday – Friday students may dress up as directed below. Each day during the school day there will be school-wide Bingo games, Mystery Readers, Drop and Read time, and more fun and activities.
The Reading Goal for the school during the week is 2500 AR Points. As a final reward, if students reach the goal students will attend a Reading Luau on Friday Afternoon. There will be games, treats, and tons of Beach Fun!!
Reading week schedule of events
Monday, February 28:
- No Dress Up Day
- Nightly Reading: Pretend you are at the Beach. Read wearing sunglasses, a hat or your swimsuit.
Tuesday, March 1:
- Beach Accessories Day. Wear hats and Sunglasses.
- Nightly Reading: Imagine you’re sailing on the Ocean. Read a fun story in a boat. Be creative using a laundry basket, box, or bathtub.
Wednesday, March 2:
- Your Favorite Beach Character at the Beach Day. Dress like your favorite book or TV/Movie character from the Beach.
- Nightly Reading: Pretend you are at a Pool Party. Read with a family member, friend, or stuffed animal on a Beach towel, pool floaty, or lawn chair.
Thursday, March :
- Mismatch Day. Dress in clothes that don’t match.
- Nightly Reading: Imagine you are visiting the seaside at night. Turn on some music or ocean sounds and use a flashlight to read under the stars.
Friday, March 4:
- Dress like you are going to the Beach. It’s sure to be a real Party
- Reading Luau from 1-3 PM if students reach the school reading goal for the week.
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)